Well it’s been a trip!
My last day is technically today since I’ll be gone tomorrow. After designing ads, fundraising campaigns, and retouching multiple photos, I have worked my last day. Let me tell you, it feels weird. I won’t lie, a few weeks ago, i was worried about how much longer it would be. But now that the day is here, it almost seems like it went by too fast.
BUT THAT’S NOT ALL FOLKS!
I’ve talked to my manager and we are working on me carrying on past my required internship hours. It’ll be an extended internship I suppose… I still need to design a few things for this ad campaign! This is my baby! How could I leave and let someone else take over and touch all my hard work? NO SAYS I!
All I had left to do was turn all the main images of the booklet to PNGs to use on the website. So today I was left to retouch some photos I’ve already retouched. ahhhh the life of a graphic designer.
I wrote Jessica a thank you note for the amazing experience on a Lisa Frank notecard… I might be obsessed with Lisa Frank. SO WHAT?! WHO CARES?! Plus it’s the only parchment I had… hopefully I can get her to sign my last two weeks of time stuff before I leave.
OFF to Miami tomorrow! I hope I put enough info in here to help me remember what all I did when it comes time for presentations.
WAHH LEAVING IS HARD!
BOY am I tired!
Just a quick update on my life:
(1) Second ad was just published in Columbia Prime Magazine. Check it out!
+++++Funny fact about that, the printer at Inside Columbia prints on the warm side. The trick? I put a cooling filter over the ad to see if the colors would be a little more similar this time around. AND GUESS WHAT?! It kinda looked closer.. lol still a work in progress.+++++++++++++
(2) TWO weeks left of summer school… FINALLY. I never realized how time consuming it was! It seems to be just dragging on and on and on but I’m finally seeing a light at the end of the tunnel
(3) This weekend was especially difficult to get work done with guard camp going on all weekend. I had to force myself to do my homework at 11 last night to turn it in by midnight! I got it done though so don’t you worry.
(4) The fundraising campaign is starting to come together now! The booklet is almost done, I just have to add in some infographics in the center spread (if you have any ideas PLEASE let me know). Revisions have been made to the donation card and solicitation letter. That means all that’s left is the thank you card!
(5) Along with the fundraiser, I’ve been asked to come up with a t-shirt design for shirts that the staff will be getting to go along with the whole campaign. BAH! Gender neutral ideas are hard!!
Amidst all this chaos, I’m really excited to see my mother soon. I’m especially excited to get at least ONE week to just take a deep breath, relax, and not think about responsibilities… You know you’re getting older when you realize every day of the week has a set schedule. I don’t wanna grow up… I wanna be a toys ‘r’ us kid! (That’s how it goes, right?)
WOOH! more later!